cti message

Subject: Re: Please review and comment on the Best Practices Guide

Best Practices are non-normative so adhering to them is in your best interest but is not required. We have not discussed measuring adherence because that isn’t really the point of the Best Practices. Measuring adherence (to the spec) is left to the Interoperability spec, Best Practices do not conflict/overlap with interoperability requirement.

I think it is more helpful to think of Best Practices guidance as water cooler talk written down. “Here’s what I did that worked well” rather than “this is what you have to do”.

Emily

From: MARONEY, PATRICK <rx118r@att.com>
Date: Sunday, July 24, 2022 at 2:46 PM
To: Emily Ratliff <Emily.Ratliff@ibm.com>, cti@lists.oasis-open.org <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

Emily, et al, Thanks to you and all involved in pulling this together. Comment/Question: Has there been any discussion on how one might go about algorithmically measuring* a STIX package for adherence to these Best Practices? ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Emily, et al,

Thanks to you and all involved in pulling this together.

Comment/Question:  Has there been any discussion on how one might go about algorithmically measuring* a STIX package for adherence to these Best Practices?

*Obviously, some scenarios can’t be ‘measured’

Patrick Maroney
Principal - Cybersecurity
Chief Security Office
Office: 732.615.5287 | Cell: 609.678.5613 |
Email: rx118r@att.com