cti message

Subject: Proposed STIX extension for TLP 2.0

Hi All,

You are probably already aware of the new 2.0 version of TLP that has been released by FIRST (https://www.first.org/tlp/).  CISA has indicated that they intend to move to TLP 2.0 soon (https://www.cisa.gov/uscert/ncas/current-activity/2022/09/29/cisa-publishes-user-guide-prepare-nov-1-move-tlp-20).  For this reason, CISA asked MITRE to determine a way to represent TLP 2.0 in STIX 2.1.

The result can be reviewed in a GitHub pull request for the CTI STIX Common Object Repository (https://github.com/rpiazza/cti-stix-common-objects/tree/tlp-2-0/extension-definition-specifications/tlp-2.0).

To avoid confusion among the STIX community, we would like to merge this pull request and have the TC approve it as the canonical way to represent TLP 2.0.

After you review it, please reply with any suggestions or objections to this mailing list.

I have attached a note which contains reference information about this, if you want to see the reasoning behind the solution that is being proposed.

If there are no objections, we would like to merge the pull request on 1 November.

All the best,

                Rich

--

Rich Piazza

Lead Cyber Security Engineer

The MITRE Corporation

781-271-3760

MITRE - Solving Problems for a Safer World™