cti message

Subject: Status report on STIX/TAXII v2.1 and submissions to ITU-T

Dear CTI TC colleagues:Â

Attached is the one-page signed 2022 amendment to the DHS/OASIS license for STIX and TAXII, which (among other things) removes the special trademark issues we previously discussed. Our sincere thanks to the US DHS teams involved both in the original contributions, and in resolving the open issues in a manner that should optimize broad global adoption.
  • This document will replace the original multipage 2015 license on the TC's IPR webpage, https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/cti/ipr.php, along with a new short explanatory text, and a link to a short form of "composite" amendment, showing how the old 2015 document was amended by this one.
  • The current versions v2.1 of the STIX and TAXII specifications, taking out all of the relevant trademark references and correcting the copyright references, are being re-uploaded as corrected documents by our standards management team (the very hardworking Chet and Paul). These will occupy the existing canonical URLs for the v2.1 standards. A placeholder note and archival link to the original uncorrected versions also will be provided.
  • These will give our liaison team the needed backup for re-opening our request with ITU-T's Study Group 17 that they approve the submissions as is, under their original names, with no special trademark reservations. We'll notify this list when the page substitutions have been completed shortly.
Cordially Jamie