cti message

Subject: Update of STIX v2.1 and TAXII v2.1 OASIS Standards to facilitate submission to ITU

Hello CTI TC members,

We'reÂhappy to inform you that OASIS staff have completed an update of the documents for the STIX Version 2.1 and TAXII Version 2.1 OASIS Standards produced by the CTI TC. TheÂupdate consists of removing the trademarkÂ(TM) markings, along with ensuring that the copyrights of the US Government (contributor of the original specifications) are properly reflected.

We are grateful to the TC members, US Government staff, and others who worked to allow these updates to the published specifications, in the interest of promoting more widespread adoption of these important standards.

This update has been undertaken to facilitate the submission of these OASIS Standards to theÂInternational Telecommunication Union (ITU), the specialized United Nations agency for information and communication technologies. The successful approval of STIX and TAXII as ITU standards can be expected to significantly increase their worldwide adoption. We expect that the submission of these two OASIS Standards to the ITU will be made early next week.

The location and URI links to the OASIS Standard documents have not changed. They remain as follows:

STIX Version 2.1
OASIS Standard

https://docs.oasis-open.org/cti/stix/v2.1/os/stix-v2.1-os.docx
https://docs.oasis-open.org/cti/stix/v2.1/os/stix-v2.1-os.html
https://docs.oasis-open.org/cti/stix/v2.1/os/stix-v2.1-os.pdf

TAXII Version 2.1
OASIS Standard

https://docs.oasis-open.org/cti/taxii/v2.1/os/taxii-v2.1-os.docx
https://docs.oasis-open.org/cti/taxii/v2.1/os/taxii-v2.1-os.html
https://docs.oasis-open.org/cti/taxii/v2.1/os/taxii-v2.1-os.pdf

We have also preserved the originally published documents in ZIP files along with brief "README" notices in the directories, to ensure that the updates are clearly documented. The original files are available as follows:
https://docs.oasis-open.org/cti/stix/v2.1/os/stix-v2.1-os-original.zip
https://docs.oasis-open.org/cti/taxii/v2.1/os/taxii-v2.1-os-original.zip

As a final note, although the membership and leadership of the CTI TC have evolved in the period since the two standards were initially approved by the membership of OASIS on June 10, 2021, we did not modify or update the lists of participants, Chairs, or Editors. They remain as originally published.

Best regards,
Paul
--
OASIS...Setting the standard for open collaboration