cti message

Subject: Potential additions to STIX open vocabularies

Hello CTI TC,

We have received requests to add values to two of the open vocabularies in STIX. The requests are available in our issue tracker[1][2].

The requests are to

  • add rust as a language to the Implementation Language vocabulary
  • add private-sector to the Threat Actor Type vocabulary where private-sector represents Cyber Mercenaries that may not be criminal in nature.

As open vocabularies, STIX adopters are free to use whatever strings they like, but it makes sense to add these to the open vocabulary lists.

Are there any objections to the STIX WG moving forward with doing this?

Thank you,

Emily Ratliff

[1] https://github.com/oasis-tcs/cti-stix2/issues/290

[2] https://github.com/oasis-tcs/cti-stix2/issues/291