cti message

Subject: Re: The CTI TC needs to elect new Chair(s)

Whoops. My typo. I meant, of course, Kelly Cullinane, your OASIS primary staff contact.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 10:47 AM Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org> wrote:
Members of the CTI TC,

It is my unfortunate duty to inform you that Accenture has not renewed its OASIS membership, and as a result, the CTI TC now has no Chairs.

Under OASIS rules, when a TC loses both Chairs, all work must stop until a new Chair or co-Chairs are elected. Obviously, we don't expect every editorial task underway to halt. However, OASIS won't be able to carry out publications, public reviews, etc. until a new chair is in place.

OASIS staff - specifically our newest team member Kelly Considine - can act as staff facilitator of the process if you wish. Or you can identify a consensus volunteer from the TC to take on the task. Either way, the process we recommend is to issue a call for nominations, give it at least a week to gather names, then hold a ballot. Electing chairs requires a Full Majority Vote (over 50% of all eligible voters). This can beÂdone by a vote in a meeting withÂquorum or you may prefer an electronic ballot.

Our goal is to help you manage through this with the least disruption possible. Please let us know if you have any questions.Â

Best,Â

/chet Â

--

ChetÂEnsign