Members of the new CXS TC,
Again, congratulations on getting the TC off to a successful start. Here are some pointers to resources that may be useful to you as you move your work forward.
- General OASIS policies and guidelines
1. The OASIS TC Administration How-to Guide provides specifics on how
2. The OASIS Naming Directives document - This document spells out the rules governing filenames and URIs for Technical Committee Work Products.
3. The OASIS Liaison Policy - this is the policy that governs relationships between OASIS and other organizations and may be of interest if the TC is considering submitting work to other organizations in the future. Note also that it explains how a TC can set up a direct liaison with another organization.
4. Other OASIS policies and guidelines - the full list of OASIS policy and guidelines documents can be found at
See in particular the OASIS Technical Committee Process and Intellectual Property Rights policy documents - these are two of the primary documents that govern work at OASIS. The IPR documentation may be relevant if a TC member intends to contribute a particular work to the TC.
- TC-specific resources
5. Your Charter
Your charter is the document that governs the work of your TC. In particular, it spells out what is in and out of scope and the essential objectives that you have set out to address.
6. Your public and internal TC Home Page - the public page is the web page visitors to www.oasis-open.org
see. The internal page is where you can manage your roster, start electronic ballots, store working documents, etc.
7. Your TC email list and comment lists - the comment list is the only allowed channel for non-OASIS member comments to the TC. You must subscribe to the comment list explicitly by sending a blank email to email@example.com
. We recommend that the Chair assign a member of the TC to explicitly be responsible for monitoring the comment list.
8. TC chat room - you can use this chat room to support the running of your meetings.
9. TC Document Repository - this is where you can store your meeting minutes, working drafts, etc.
- Other sources of helpful information
10. Help with Kavi - on the main page of your internal TC web page you will find a link to the Kavi Group help manual. This link will take you directly to that page.
11. TC Admin support request forms - These are the tickets you use to request working draft templates, ballots, public reviews, etc. These forms formally create the tickets used by TC Admin to manage its work. TC Admin will not take requests for support for these routine activities by email. The forms can also be found under the Resources tab on the OASIS home page
12. The OASIS Library -- this is where approved Work Products (Committee Specification Drafts, etc.) of your TC will be published. The top level directory will be created when your first approved work product is ready.
In addition to these, you can be set up to use the OASIS wiki, JIRA issues tracking tool, SVN version-control tool and web conferencing chat room. Let me know if and when you are interested in using any of these tools.
Director of Standards Development and TC Administration
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information societyhttp://www.oasis-open.org
Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393