cxs message

Subject: Swagger / REST endpoint workflow proposal

Hi folks,

I was thinking about how we could improve our workflow while working on the swagger specification and thought that it might be interesting to leverage Github's Pull Request mechanism to gather work and keep an history of what’s been done along with comments and decisions. For example, each workgroup could clone the “official” swagger document and create a pull request for each work item. We would then vote and discuss the issues using github before merging the PRs to the official version. This would also help record alternative ideas and facilitate the review process during monthlies. Another benefit would be to allow working on the spec in a more asynchronous way (providing we each could find time to work on it outside of scheduled meetings).

What do you think?

Best regards,

Christophe Laprun
Senior Software Engineer