cxs message

Subject: Re: [cxs] Workgroup 3 update

Good questions guys!
We will continue this discussion today in WG3

Vennlig hilsen/Best regards
Enonic AS

Thomas Sigdestad
CTO

https://enonic.com - A web operating system for your sites and applications

On 24 Aug 2016, at 17:28, Jan Blessenohl <Jan.Blessenohl@progress.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

Serge and I worked on the profile endpoints again and we have some doubts about the profile id definition
and what we really need to define profile creation and update. We said that the source specifies the id. If that is still true,
the id from the source system is not enough, we need a source identifier as well.

Let's look from a use case. You have a CRM system that you can not modify and you want to upload and update the profile information.
Each profile in the CRM system is specified by an id. How can we now upload the data bound to a specific CRM id and if somthing changes in the
CRM system, how can we update the ctx server profile.

My proposal was to store the source id and source name in the profile in the ctx server and execute the insert and update operations based on
it. For the post and put endpoints that would mean that it works only with the source id information.

The biggest open questions are: How do we merge profiles and how is the relation between the source id and name to the id in the
/profiles/{id} route.

Because of this longish discussion we ran out of time and will update the profile endpoints next week.

Jan