cxs message

Subject: Updates from the front

During the last months we have been working actively on spec’ing and implementing a GraphQL version of the CXS API.
The work so far is available here: https://github.com/sergehuber/contextserver-graphql-api

In our recent meeting we realized that parts of our ideas in terms of property definitions and schemas were overlapping with what GraphQL also provides out of the box.
As such we are now looking into the possibility of using graphQL even more extensively, and basically make any changes to the model (adding/removing properties for instance) would also be directly (dynamically) reflected in the GraphQL API. The benefits would be ease of use for developers and documentation. this would also affect things like event types, where each event type would have it’s own GraphQL Type, even type dynamically added to the system.

More specifically related to the internal workings of the UNOMI implementation, we discussed a simplified approach to the event-driven “rules” system where one would be executing script-based functions instead. These scripts could then use the GraphQL api to trigger “actions” at will.
‌‌
Vennlig hilsen/Best regards
Enonic AS

Thomas Sigdestad