cyber-council message

Subject: FYI re IACD (potential gaps?)

I was going to mention this on today's call but no one could hear me when I spoke. Here is a recent announcement of some work in Integrated Adaptive Cyber Defense (IACD) - http://www.newswise.com/articles/johns-hopkins-apl-and-fs-isac-operationalize-the-integrated-adaptive-cyber-defense-framework-to-improve-cybersecurity-in-critical-sectors
.
You may recall Sounil Yu mentioned IACD in his talk at the last monthly. I happen to be a fan of IACD, and I think much of the OASIS security work fits well withing the IACD framework. IACD has come up in discussions in the OpenC2 TC and some members expressed it being gov and not applicable or known within the commercial world. Hopefully the FS-ISAC endorsement will change that.

My reason for sending this email is to point out IACD may be a good framework for this Council's gap analysis. Sounil's slides had a few potential gaps mentioned and I'd supplement with the concept of IACD is not 'standardized' so itself is a gap. Thoughts and comments welcome.

Duncan Sparrell
sFractal Consulting LLC
iPhone, iTypo, iApologize