cyber-council message

Subject: Cyber Standards User Council speaking opportunity: Borderless Cyber USA, The World Bank

Hi Everyone,

We're planning to host a Cyber Standards User Council panel discussion at our upcoming Borderless Cyber USA Conference. The panel is scheduled to take place on 3 October at The World Bank in Washington, D.C.

We have confirmed speakers from both the telecommunications and financial industries already. We'd like to secure two additional speakers from our user community, maybe someone representing healthcare, aerospace, energy, government, or other. If you represent one of those communities or another and have an interest in participating, please contact us by Monday, 16 July.

I've included the latest panel session description for your consideration.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, Jane

Open standards, open source, and open innovation: How the user community can help and benefit

Who best to hear it from than those on the cybersecurity front lines? Harnessing the needs and knowledge from the user community can provide a clear vision for any open standards or open source development process.

During this interactive session, ambassadors from various sectors (finance, telecommunications, tba, tba) will share their views on the importance of that input. Whether providing guidance, voicing concerns, or identifying insights to developers, their input can be a win, win for the industry.

--

Jane Harnad

Manager, Events

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information societyÂ
+1.781.425.5073 x214 (Office)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Borderless Cyber USA,, 3-5 October, Washington, D.C.
Organized by The World Bank, OASIS, ICIT, and Georgetown University