dam-cmis-profile-discuss message

Subject: Minutes from the first OASIS Conversation on DAM, CMIS, and ICOM

Forwarded to the discussion list - minutes from the conference call 17 September 2013.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carol Geyer <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>
Date: Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Subject: Minutes from OASIS Conversation on DAM, CMIS, and ICOM
To: Brett Smith <bsmith@ptfs.com>, Carl Cargill <cargill@adobe.com>, Celso Rodriguez <celso.rodriguez@asg.com>, Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>, David Choy <david.choy500@gmail.com>, Dee Schur <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>, Eric Chan <eric.s.chan@oracle.com>, James Kelleher <james.kelleher@generiscorp.com>, Ken Baclawski <kenb@ccs.neu.edu>, Mark Carlson <mark.carlson@oracle.com>, Peeter Piegaze <ppiegaze@adobe.com>, Peter Yim <peter.yim@cim3.com>, Robin Cover <robin.cover@oasis-open.org>, Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>, akrishnaswamy@vizrt.com, jyokley@ptfs.com, kevin.kramer@fmr.com, mike@limeboy.com, ralph@daydream.co.uk, randy_dufault@genusllc.com, ray.gauss@alfresco.com, scott.malabarba@us.ibm.com, srini.purohit@fmr.com, Todd Eckler <teckler@northplains.com>
Cc: Laurent Liscia <laurent.liscia@oasis-open.org>

Thanks so much to everyone who was able to attend yesterday's call on the potential need for a DAM interoperability standard. As you'll note from the attached minutes, it was a productive discussion with impressive contributions from a wide variety of people. There is obviously a great deal of interest in this topic and more discussion is needed.

Running short on time, we were only able to briefly touch on CMIS and ICOM, and we had to completely defer the topic of next steps.

We'd like to continue the discussion on another call at the end of September. I'll send out an invitation separately.This next call will also be an open, informal conversation, so please feel free to invite others and forward the attached minutes to anyone who may be interested.

Best regards,
Carol

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Subscribe to bimonthly OASIS newsletter:
http://eepurl.com/ygoFX

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
YouTube:    http://www.youtube.com/oasisopen