dam-cmis-profile-discuss message

Subject: RE: [dam-cmis-profile-discuss] Key Objectives For CMIS/DAM

Hi Ray (and others)

Just to get this discussion activated again, one item that would be useful
from my perspective (and possibly others from the DAM side of things) is an
example of how CMIS object/document metadata is accessed via http but
without using a library - as discussed in your message below.  So, just
using something very basic like curl or anything else that can issue http
requests and display what is returned.

If we had that, we can see then how you might define subsidiary definitions
for various other common DAM metadata protocols and standards (IPTC etc). At
the moment, the conversation is abstract and while we need to get objectives
defined, we also need to connect this back to practical implementation
issues as the latter will partly inform the former.

I'm expecting that a decent amount of the groundwork for this standard will
in fact be more about educating DAM developers, rather than defining a lot
of new protocols or extensions thereof (although that will be required
eventually).

If anyone has a server and is able to set something like this up, that would
be useful.  As discussed, I don't want to do this with anything other than
basic tools on the client end (although the server generating this could be
more sophisticated).  It's what kind of data a DAM developer interacting
with CMIS data stores could expect to see.

Anyone who is able to assist, please let me and the list know.

Thanks,

Ralph