dcml-appserv message

Subject: Groups - Action Item Closed: #0009 Review of CIM Element Descriptio...

OASIS DCML Applications and Services TC member,

Mrs Sarah Barbuscia has closed this action item.

Number: #0009
Owner: Mr Jeffery Thomas
Due: 28 Mar 2005

Comments:
Mr Jeffery Thomas  2005-03-14 22:19 GMT
This action item is owned by J. Darrel Thomas, Bill Rehm, and David/Robin Basham.  Upon OASIS and DMTF Board approval for document access, we would review the element definitions from the existing CIM work for usage in the upper layer Apps/Services-to-ITIL process mapping for inclusion into our Schema design.  The idea here is to add existing usage into the DCML formatality with ITIL/CMDB/CI and process inter-dependent relationship mapping.  This will require OASIS Board help in assuring the IPR usage policy rights with the DMTF.

Robin Basham  2005-03-25 23:47 GMT
David and Robin downloaded the CIM use case and class diagrams.  Robin finds the level of detail to be aligned to specific technology vs. to standard means and attributes for device documentation.  The break out is not aligned to the "use case" of problem management, change management, system audit, performance management, etc.  I think we want to ask "Why do I need Information?", "What will I do with it?", "What is the output when I am done?", "Where does my information come from?"  I feel those are the questions that lead to the use case for DCML. My runbook concept is to remain production configuration and use information on any business critical Service.
I will post the diagrams to the portal.  They are many, and one should open the one title Core First.  I don't really get the design yet.  I am sure it takes a few visits to see the big picture.  Do we have anyone from CIM in our group?

Robin

View Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dcml-appserv/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=865

- OASIS Open Administration