dcml-appserv message

Subject: RE: [dcml-appserv] FW: can you help me to post a document. for some reason, I don't see a way to post

Title: FW: can you help me to post a document. for some reason, I don't see a way to post

Restate rule five

Make Knowledge Visible

Focus on means to make known information visible

Robin Basham, M.Ed., M.IT, CISA, ITSM
President and Founder, Phoenix Business & Systems Process, Inc.
120 Central AvenueNeedham, MA 02494, USA
Phone (781) 400-1449 * Fax (781) 400-1443 * Mobile (617) 947-3405

From: Sarah Barbuscia [mailto:SBarbuscia@inventures.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 1:14 PM
To: dcml-frame@lists.oasis-open.org; dcml-appserv@lists.oasis-open.org

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Robin Basham [mailto:robinbasham@rcn.com]
Sent:   Tuesday, August 16, 2005 9:58 AM
To:     Sarah Barbuscia; darrel.thomas@eds.com
Cc:     dcml-frame@lists.oasis-open.org

I’m not sure if my settings have been modified or if I am just not remembering how to do this, but I can’t post to our site.

I have these notes for our call.

Rule number one
Never move your data

Focus on legitimate location by classification and information type.
Use access control to limit change and use

Rule number two
Only handle it once; decouple normalized data from stored data by creating business rules for data lookup

Rule number three
Common language equals common mission

Insure that all persons have ready access and training in the name and scope of all management functional areas, processes and programs by title

Rule number four
Don’t make it up

Use industry standard names to construct the names of all things

Rule number five
Build on what we know

Create a building block approach that reuses repeatable chunks of configuration, including language definition of programs and process.  Once a part of the configuration is defined, use it to extend the attributes of any other item.  Only record the unique variance after standard.