dcml-appserv message

Subject: RE: [dcml-frame] REMINDER: Comments on the DCML charter due by EOB Tomorrow

On that note,
I wanted to see a high level statement including:

Ontology for the uniform representation of any framework or standard with
result that an organization can align to multiple frameworks and standards
as required by their industry and core department function.

I'm not entirely sure if this is my mission, or the group mission.

I wrote about this in the www.pbandsp.com/PMMR paper.  The footnotes and
comments deal with my thoughts on the subject.

Regarding Sarah's comment on the share IP, this is an area of tremendous
concern for me.

Regarding the proposal from Jamie, I mentioned in the meeting that the
changes felt appropriate to me.  I don't want my views to hold up progress.
I don't feel we should alter the presentation of the charter.

Robin

-----Original Message-----
From: Cummins, Fred A [mailto:fred.cummins@eds.com]
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 12:52 PM
To: Sarah Barbuscia; dcml-frame@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: jamie.clark@oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [dcml-frame] REMINDER: Comments on the DCML charter due by EOB
Tomorrow

Sarah,

The charter looks generally okay, but

- the Statement of Purpose talks about a "data model" and the
deliverables talks about a "taxonomy."  It should be a data
model, and, furthermore, it should be based on CIM or we
should know why not.  This provides consistency among the
real deliverable(s) of this effort and others.

- the "real" deliverables should be the XML document specifications
for communication of configuration transactions, i.e., what
documents are exchanged to support configuration management
processes.

Fred