dcml-frame message

Subject: Oasis Symposium and DCML Schedule of Events

Dear DCML Framework TC Members-

We are looking forward to a very productive face-to-face session next week at the OASIS Symposium and with this event almost upon us, I thought that I would outline a few major DCML events that we hope you will be available to support. I am providing a high-level view of the DCML relevant sections however if you would like to view the Symposium agenda in its entirety, please visit: http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2005/schedule.php

Tuesday, April 26 - 3:00PM
The Missing Link in IT Service Management - Darrel Thomas
In this talk, the speaker will discuss how DCML is intimately testing/validating the usage of semantics and vocabularies in describing the interchange relationships between the dimensions of IT Services management. As standards like the Web Ontology Language (OWL) and the Resource Description Framework (RDF) provide the flexibility and extensibility that the depth and breadth of IT Services Management requires, they have been positioned by the DCML Member Section as the best choice for handling data center complexity and "like" relationships between disparate management system implementations in a heterogeneous environment. The presenter will briefly discuss this complexity, as well as a short use case on how the DCML plans to use OWL/RDF in conjunction with XML to formulate the framework of the DCML specification.

Wednesday, April 27 - 9:00 - 7:00PM

Meeting Room 1: (agenda attached)
DCML Member Section Face-to-face session: 9:00 - 10:00am - Louis Blatt
DCML Framework TC session: 10:00 - 11:30am, 1:30 -2:30pm - Tim Howes
DCML ITIL and IT Compliance Training Session: 11:30 - Robin Basham
DCML Applications/Services TC session: 2:30 - 5:30pm

Additionally, I would like to highlight that the DCML Member Section has a new TC that will be having its inaugural meeting at these sessions. The DCML Adoption TC will be focused on ensuring the market adoption of DCML technical activities so I would encourage all of you to look within your organization's to have representatives with marketing or product management experience participate in this important TC efforts. The session will be face-to-face however we have established a bridge number for those who will be able to participate remotely.

Meeting Room 2: (agenda attached)
DCML Adoption TC Kick-off meeting and face-to-face: 10:30 - 2:30pm - Sharon Chang, John Pauly

Teleconference:

DCML Adoption TC Conference Line sponsored by EDS

Dial in:                    866-836-3208

Leader code:           470932

Participant code:     586777

I would like to thank you for your continued support of DCML and hope to see you in New Orleans!

Best regards,
Sarah

Sarah Barbuscia
Account Manager,
Global Inventures, Inc. (www.inventures.com)
Accelerating Results Through Collaboration
2400 Camino Ramon, Suite 375, San Ramon, CA 94583 USA
T: +1.925.275.6659 | F: +1.925.275.6691 |

SymposiumAgenda042205.pdf

AdoptionTCAgenda.pdf