dcml-frame message

Subject: RE: [dcml-frame] Implementation Subgroup

Tim,

I would rather see the product vendors do implementations.
First of all, our implementation would likely be a prototype
that might not reflect all of the requirements. Secondly,
different vendors will have different implementations, and
the interface specification should enable that differentiation.
I also hope that if we do it right, most vendors will be
able to adapt their products to comply rather than developing
completely new products.  Finally, we should be able to
specify reasonably good interfaces in much less time than
it would take to implement a prototype with well-designed
interfaces.

Fred