dcml-frame message

Subject: RE: [dcml-frame] Definition of Process Subgroup

Darrel,

I would like to see a focus on the definition of services as in SOA.  For the most
part we want. to define interfaces to services.  I would characterize these
services as aligning to business functions where a business function will
receive various forms of requests to accomplish specific objectives.  Think
of this like Purchasing accepting purchase orders but also related things
like purchase amendments, requests for quotations, etc.

Fred

From: Thomas, Darrel [mailto:darrel.thomas@eds.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 5:33 PM
To: dcml-frame@lists.oasis-open.org; dcml-appserv@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dcml-frame] Definition of Process Subgroup

Hello All,

Here is the revised work strategy of the Process Subgroup.  Please review.  Sarah, when we get good feedback, we'll put up for voting…

Regards,

jDT

The Process subgroup is tasked with defining the standard processes, interdependencies, and requirements for the Interfaces/Implementation Subgroup to use to create DCML standard implementations and reference models.  This include the definition of inputs and outputs, best practice workflows and process flows, and inter-process dependencies from one targeted process framework to another.  The initial work of the Process Subgroup will center around the interactions and interdependencies of the Configuration Management Process, its workflows, and orchestration of domain-based management within the IT Services lifecycle.  The output of this work effort will be the specifications, requirements, process diagrams, and process flows used by the Interfaces group to codify the standard interfaces of the CfM Process and its interactions, inputs and outputs, as well as reference implementation of a multi-layered CfM process within a working model.

Future prospective processes to be defined and mapped include:

·         The Processes of the ITIL Process Framework (Change, Release, Incident, Problem, etc.)

·         Service-Oriented Processes (

·         Business Processes

Outputs from the mapping and modeling work by the Process subgroup will include:

-        Process diagrams and models outlining each process to be implemented by the Implementation/Interfaces subgroup

-        Use cases to accompany process models and diagrams, as well as prescriptive relevance to industry usage

-        Specifications on interrelationships for a process to other processes

-        Other interfaces and dependencies on non-process oriented artifacts, if any, to accompany process outputs

-        Detailed description and definition of process to be mapped/modeled

-        Detailed project plan with milestones and dates

-        User Guides and Documentation

J. Darrel Thomas

Distinguished SE

Chief Technologist, Datacenter Services Portfolio

Electronic Data Systems Corporation

5400 Legacy Drive

Mail Stop H3-5A-34

Plano, Texas  75024

972-797-9695 (Office)

972-679-5943 (Cell)

Darrel.Thomas@EDS.Com (Email)

"Of all the things I've lost, the one I miss the most is my mind..."

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.