dcml-frame message

Subject: FW: CMDB Spec

Title: FW: CMDB Spec

Hello All,

This is a DIRECT conflict with what we've positioned DCML for and sadly seems to have been pushed at the IBM, HP, Fujitsu and BMC levels and WILL cause conflict.  It may make sense to get a clearer understanding from BMC.  It just goes to show that when we created DCML in 2003, HP and IBM said there was NO NEED to standardize interdependencies and configurations for IT environments, and hence no need for DCML now all of a sudden, standardized configurations DO make sense did some of the DCML information on standardizing configurations filter into the wrong hands?  This has been the mantra of DCML from DAY ONE.  Unlike the CIM vs. DCML or the SDM vs. DCML conflicts, this one will be much more difficult to explain at the industry levels.  We need to converge these efforts into a joint one in the manner we've been espousing with DCML/ITIL/etc. for a LONG time.  I'm putting out a call to Tom Bishop to understand what his thoughts are immediately on this and readying for the questions about DCML vs. IBM/HP/FUJITSU/BMC CMDB consortium spec ASAP

Regards,

jDT

J. Darrel Thomas

Distinguished SE

CTO Office, Infrastructure Portfolio Development

Electronic Data Systems Corporation

5400 Legacy Drive

Mail Stop H3-5A-34

Plano, Texas  75024

972-797-9695 (Office)

972-679-5943 (Cell)

Darrel.Thomas@EDS.Com (Email)

"Of all the things I've  lost, the one I miss the most is my mind..."

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.