dcml-frame message

Subject: STATUS: DCML TC Teleconference

Title: RE: [dcml-frame] REMINDER: DCML TC Teleconference

Hello All,

We held a DCML TC call today.  here are the action items that Georgia/Sarah will be marshalling for us until our next call:

  • Continuance of discussion around DCML-SML convergence (as the convergence logistics are derived).  Updates on BMC and Sun were positive in their thoughts on convergence.  More members within SML will be consulted for their position on a convergence strategy.  Pushing for a meeting with the ServiceML team to formalize efforts after the completion of individual consultations.

  • Inventory of DCML artifacts, documents, and contributions for the purposes of creating draft documents from those appropriate by the group.  Those proposed should be identified and proposed to the TC/MS by the end of the week or at the LATEST on Monday.

  • Read and comment on Robin’s RunBook and Process Modeling documents and provide comments.  Robin, please send me something I can edit/provide comments to.

  • I still believe the most paramount issue is the DCML-SML clarity, and with that, the ability to provide Service Modeling using Process work from Robin as well as Runbook work for the purposes of creating digestive models for Systems using DCML to operate IT (and plug into Control Systems at the Enterprise Services Management domain).  This would validate our thoughts around process modeling being complementary to IT Orchestrated Automation, which fits back to the original purpose of DCML and the DCML-SML convergence efforts.

I'll synch with Tim tomorrow on these issues in our direct call…

Regards,

jDT

J. Darrel Thomas

Distinguished SE

CTO Office, Infrastructure Portfolio Development

Electronic Data Systems Corporation

5400 Legacy Drive

Mail Stop H3-5A-34

Plano, Texas  75024

972-797-9695 (Office)

972-679-5943 (Cell)

Darrel.Thomas@EDS.Com (Email)

"Of all the things I've  lost, the one I miss the most is my mind..."

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.