dita-adoption-asia message

Subject: Please review publicity e-mail

Folks,

To publicize the activities of our SC, I plan to post the following message on the TWIN mailing list this week. TWIN is the largest technical writing community in India. Please review the message and send me your feedback. We can vote on it during tomorrow's meeting. We can send similar messages to other similar groups.

--------message start--------------------------

I'm pleased to announce the formation of the DITA Adoption Asia Subcommittee. This group is a subcommittee of the DITA Adoption Technical Committee that is responsible for facilitating the adoption of DITA, internationally. DITA Adoption Asia Subcommittee will be responsible for evangelizing DITA in Asia, Australia, New Zeland, and elsewhere in the Asia-Pacific region. Do feel free to reach out to us with queries, comments, suggestions, and use-cases on DITA.

Here's a link to our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_180587385287740&ap=1

Here are some more details about  DITA Adoption Asia Subcommittee.

Statement of Purpose

	Promote the use of DITA in Asia, India, Australia, New Zealand, and elsewhere in the Pacific-Asia region
	Research the special needs of Pacific-Asia region companies in adopting the DITA standard
	Develop best practices for accommodating special needs
	Help to promote regional activities including conferences, workshops, and webinars

List of Deliverables

	Develop feature articles, white papers, examples, and similar information to help communicate the value of DITA Adoption in this area.

Team

Mathew Varghese - Chairperson
Gershon Joseph - Co-chairperson
Anthony Self