dita-adoption-asia message

Subject: RE: [dita-adoption-asia] Groups - DITA for Beginners - Presentations (ditaforbeginners.pptx) uploaded

Hi everyone,

I have one general comment. Can we add some pictures to the slides?

For example, on Slide 4, modular information system is abstract. We can add an illustrations similar to the one in the following page.
http://www.mark-seymour.com/1/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=57

BR,
Danielle

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Self [mailto:tself@hyperwrite.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:35 PM
To: dita-adoption-asia@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: mathew.techwriter@gmail.com

Hi everyone

I have finally found the time to review the first draft of the presentation. Good job, Mathew!

I have a few minor comments.

Slide 4 refers to STOP as earliest known similar methodology. While it's the earliest that I know of, I haven't done a lot of research to see whether there were even earlier methodologies. So while it is the earliest I know of, it might be safer to say it's an "early" or "proven" methodology. Or perhaps leave it out, as there's no direct lineage from STOP to DITA.

Full stop on last bullet point on slide 8.

Another minor point, but worth raising perhaps (and I encounter it all the time) is that US spelling has been used (eg, "organization" instead of "organisation"). Is that the standard for the Adoption TC or the Asia SC? What English should we be using?

Kind regards

Tony Self