dita-adoption-help message

Subject: Re: [dita-adoption-help] DHTG - Topics to be covered

And ..

Regarding the topics we create for "Help Development Tools" .. how about
if we just use the tool name as the title. For example, the new topics
that Tony has identified would be ..

* Plus Plug-ins (I assume this is an OT plugin, so it would fall under
the DITA-OT section)
* Creating Microsoft Help 3 Content (if this is not specific to a tool,
it might be in the Technologies or the Techniques section?)
* MadCap Flare
* A Help API for Web-based User Assistance (probably in the Techniques
section)
* Adobe RoboHelp
* XMLMind ditac
* Omsys DITA2Go
- Quadralay ePublisher
- JustSystems XMetaL

Each tool-specific topic/group should probably describe how you get your
DITA topics into the tool (some are more obvious than others), then
describe the general process for generating Help from that tool. In
general, it's probably going to be the same process for all Help formats
(creating AIR Help from RoboHelp is very similar to creating WebHelp,
etc.). If there are format specific issues, we should list them .. but I
think we want to avoid duplicating the product's own documentation on
these formats. Let's just give people the general idea, and perhaps some
examples.

...scott