Subject: OASIS DITA Adoption TC -- Agenda for Monday 4 August 2008

Dear Friends,
Since we do not yet of the wiki set up, I'm including the agenda here:

JoAnn

8:00-8:05am Roll call PDT -- 4 August 2008

Call-in number

(712) 432-1690  Guest code 911989*

We'll also try at least one person calling in through Skype and see if that will help with long-distance charges. We can set up a Skype conference call for 25 people but we would all have to be on Skype. Let's discuss that option. Is it possible that someone in the membership has a toll-free conference call number that we could use? With the wiki in place, we don't need a web conference.

1) Roll Call

2) Approve minutes from previous business meeting (will send prior to the meeting)

3) Review open action items

3.1 ACTION: Brenda Oakley to provide a list of important resources for the TC Public Page

3.2 ACTION: Gershon to link this list to the DITA TC Public Page

3.3 ACTION: JoAnn to forward the description of the DITA/XLIFF webinars

4) Business

4.1 Review the purpose of the DITA Adoption TC

With thanks to David Hollis for his excellent suggestion on the agenda.

" Since this is the start of a brand new, full TC, I would like to suggest that there is the opportunity to step back from the minutiae, and consider the bigger picture. What does it mean to adopt DITA?

Specifically, I would suggest carrying out a SWOT analysis for DITA adoption. I feel this could draw out a number of threads, and put the work of the TC in context."

4.2 Discuss the DITA/XLIFF webinar.

Explain what XLIFF is and how it works with DITA.

4.3 Discuss the maintenance of dita.xml.org and the need for a Focus Area Subcommittee

4.4 Begin to define the TC activities and establish a roadmap for 2008-2009.

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400