Subject: dita.xml.org: Thoughts about the Editorial Board roles from CarolGeyer

(The e-mail was sent by Kris Eberlein on 8/19 to a subset of the DITA Adoption Committee)

I am forwarding an e-mail that Carol Geyer sent me yesterday. It outlines notes that she jotted down after participating in the DITA Adoption Committee call yesterday. As you heard yesterday, she suggests that we structure this subcommittee so that individual people take clearly-defined responsibility for oversight of specific sections of the site: Wiki Knowledgebase, News, Services, etc.

I asked if the Editorial Board had ever compiled a list of the Board's responsibilities, and Carol's answer was "Not really."

We talked briefly about some other questions, primarily about usability of the site.

I have sent e-mail to the previous Editorial Board members, encouraging them to:

  1. Consider joining the new subcommittee (after joining the DITA Adoption Committee, if necessary)
  2. Talk with me about "what the Ed Board did well and what didn't work, particular pain points that the new subcommittee needs to address, any quick fixes that we could make to improve usability, etc."
If anyone is interested in participating in any of these phone calls, please let me know. Currently I have plans to talk with Su-Laine Yeo (Just Systems) and Don Day (IBM).

Best,

Kris

Kristen James Eberlein