Subject: Fwd: [Stctesig-l] Intercom question

Hi, All

JoAnn, Kris & DITA TC are asking us to assist with a feature list for
DITA 1.2. The November issue of Intercom includes JoAnn's article,
which Kris scanned and uploaded.

I haven't not yet seen the Nov. Intercom, so I'm certainly NOT
suggesting that this criticism is specifically towards JoAnn's
article. It maybe towards the edition as a whole. For that matter,
whilst I've downloaded the PDF, I haven't yet read through it.

However, I do think that we might learn from this criticism, and
target the feature list accordingly?

But, having said that, it's also possible that the peculiarity of DITA
not being a single, specific tool will mean we can never meet his
preferences?

Where do we start from with a feature list? Just the items which have
changed from the previous version, or re-iterate a few fundamentals?
Are we targetting at folks with little or no knowledge of DITA, or
folks who are already using 1.0 and/or 1.1?

And how do we competently explain that DITA 1.2 will be wrapped up in
DOST 1.5?!

HTH
David