Subject: DITA Adoption TC -- Agenda 27 October 2008

Dear Friends:

In keeping with our decision to move to weekly meetings, we are meeting on Monday 27 October 2008. Please be aware that the US has NOT changed to standard time. Check your time on the web.
I use http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

To use the dial in, use the Call-in and participant passcode below: (sponsored by IBM)

888-294-8505 or 213-270-2170

Participant Passcode: 71382177

The agenda for the meeting is on the wiki:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/FrontPage

This meeting will focus on the review of the SWOT analysis and to see if we can turn it into a white paper.

We will also discuss our role in explaining the 1.2 specification. Please see the notes that Kristen and I have added to te 1.2 spec wiki page

We continue to focus on the agreed actions for the committee:

1) participate in the review of the DITA 1.2 specifications (language and reference). The language spec is now open for review.

2) Add to the SWOT analysis wiki, which we will turn into a best practice document

3) Work with the Matthew Varghese on use cases for DITA. Add to the wiki on this subject

4) Review JoAnn's article on the 1.2 specification and Kristen's page (moved from the DITA TC to the Adoption TC)

5) Review the proposed changes for the dita.xml.org on the wiki.

6) Discuss plans for assisting the DITA TC with the documentation for the multiple packages for DITA 1.2.

See you on Monday, 8 am PDT.

JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President