OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-adoption message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA Adoption Committee Meeting modified

Updated minutes, added comment on Gershon's request to look at DITA

 -- Rodolfo Raya

DITA Adoption Committee Meeting has been modified by Rodolfo Raya

Date:  Monday, 20 October 2008
Time:  08:00am - 09:00am PT

Event Description:
See email notice.


Present: Kristen Eberlein, Frank Miller, Scott Tsao, Rodolfo Raya, JoAnn Hackos, Bruce MacDowell, David Hollis, Briana Wherry, Steve Studer, Chona Shumate, Su-Laine Yeo, Deb Bissantz, Mark Poston and Indi Liepa.

Regrets: Gershon Joseph.

JoAnn moved to accept the minutes of the previous meeting, Kristen seconded and none opposed.

The following topics were discussed:

 Bruce MacDowell, from IBM, introduced himself.

 Scott Tsao asked the meaning of the asterisks listed next to member/company names. Action Item: Rodolfo to ask Mary MacRae the meaning of the asterisks.

 Kristen posted an article about DITA 1.2 that JoAnn wrote for STC 

 Action Item: Rodolfo to add a link to the article in the wiki 

 DITA Language Reference is partially ready for review. The wiki page that lists sections that need review is:

 Indi Liepa volunteered to review some parts of the Language Reference. David Hollis also volunteered to review Topic Elements, Body Elements and DITA VAL. Briana will review Table Elements.

 Comments about the Focus Area of dita.xml.org are available at:
   o Kristen suggested to force the request of permission to start blogs
   o Su-Laine suggested to remove the forum area. David agreed.
   o JoAnn suggested to cut the section of recently added content on the home page.
   o The editorial board will review the comments submitted so far and decide how to proceed. The editorial board sub-committee needs to be officially constituted.

 JoAnn moved to vote on officially constituting the Editorial Board subcommittee. Su-Lain seconded and none opposed. We need to request Mary MacRae the creation of a subcommittee and setup of the mailing list. Kristen Eberlein volunteered to chair the subcommittee.

 Next week we will try to discuss the SWOT analysis.

 JoAnn will send details of the DITA-XLIFF webinar that will be repeated at next DITA Europe conference.

 Gershon invited everyone to look into DITA conformance. It may be necessary to define different levels of conformance for certifying tools. The main DITA TC will appreciate our feedback.

Call dismissed. 

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Monday, 04 August 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 18 August 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 08 September 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 06 October 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 03 November 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 17 November 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 01 December 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 15 December 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT

View event details:

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web

PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
SUMMARY:DITA Adoption Committee Meeting
DESCRIPTION:See email notice.\n\nGroup: OASIS DITA Adoption TC\nCreator: Dr. JoAnn

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]