Subject: DITA Adoption TC -- Agenda 10 November

Dear Friends:

For our meeting on Monday 10 November, Gershon will chair the meeting -- I send my regrets.

UTC (or GMT/Zulu)-time : Monday, November 10, 2008 at 16:00 (8am PST)
UTC is Coordinated Universal Time

To use the dial in, use the Call-in and participant passcode below: (sponsored by IBM)

888-294-8505 or 213-270-2170

Participant Passcode: 71382177

The agenda for the meeting is on the wiki:

This meeting will continue our focus on the review of the SWOT analysis. David Hollis has created a set of possible audiences for us.

We will also discuss our role in explaining the 1.2 specification. Please see the notes that Kristen and I have added to the 1.2 spec wiki page.

We continue to focus on the agreed actions for the committee:

1) participate in the review of the DITA 1.2 specifications (language and reference). The language spec is now open for review.

Review Kristen's notes on the key differences between the 1.0 and the 1.1 specifications.

2) Add to the SWOT analysis wiki, which we will turn into a best practice document

3) Work with the Matthew Varghese on use cases for DITA. Add to the wiki on this subject

4) Review JoAnn's article on the 1.2 specification and Kristen's page (moved from the DITA TC to the Adoption TC)

5) Review the proposed changes for the dita.xml.org on the wiki.

6) Discuss plans for assisting the DITA TC with the documentation for the multiple packages for DITA 1.2.

See you on Monday, 8 am PDT.

JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President