OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-adoption message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Groups - DITA Adoption Committee Meeting modified


Added Kris to the list of present members in the minutes

 -- Rodolfo Raya


DITA Adoption Committee Meeting has been modified by Rodolfo Raya

Date:  Monday, 17 November 2008
Time:  08:00am - 09:00am PT

Event Description:
See email notice.

Agenda:


Minutes:
Present: David Hollis, Briana Wherry, Gershon Joseph, JoAnn Hackos, Frank Miller, Don Day, Steve Studer, Su-Laine Yeo, Deb Bissantz, Rodolfo Raya, Indi Liepa, Robin Sloan, Joe Gelb, Scott Tsao and Kristen Eberlein.

Regrets: Mathew Varghese, ´╗┐Steffen Frederiksen and ´╗┐Chip Gettinger.

JoAnn moved to approve minutes. David seconded and there was no opposition.

Don Day informed that there were a couple of updates to review and there was some progress. He expects more participation after the Thanksgiving holidays.

Gershon informed that starting now he he will have more time to complete his pending action items, including cross linking TC's home pages and reviews.

Kris Eberlein said that she is waiting for examples of machine industry specialization to complete her reviews.

JoAnn asked for specialization examples to be able to complete the reviews. Don explained that some specifications include examples and guidelines. If possible, future developments will include use cases.

Gershon requested to put graphics or statements indicated that certain elements are not intended to be authored in on-line versions of the specifications.

JoAnn started a discussion on the needs to document what's new on DITA 1.2 and the details that need to be documented. A draft summary of changes was prepared by Kris and is available in the wiki, at http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/Dita12changes . Gershon will help Kristen in the completion of the summary.

Joe will review the first two items on Improvements to reuse from  Kristen list. Frank will help with the others. Su-Laine will review Improvements to map composition.

Gershon suggested to mock up instructions for image reuse instead of documenting the new scale-to-fit features. Briana will work on a best practices document.

Su-laine commented that it would be good to have a list of vendors supporting DITA 1.2 in dita.xml.org, indicating current support status from various points of view like CMS, authoring, publishing, localization, open toolkit and other aspects. It would be particularly important to know what works and what doesn't. This could be prepared using a wiki, protecting pages and disallowing comments. 

Currently toolkit bugs are recorded using bugzilla in sourceforge.net and it's difficult to search them. Don suggested to educate users on reporting issues with bugzilla. This issue needs to be discussed further. 

Call dismissed.

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Monday, 04 August 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 18 August 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 08 September 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 06 October 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 20 October 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 03 November 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 01 December 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Monday, 15 December 2008, 08:00am to 09:00am PT

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/event.php?event_id=18766

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20081130T000000Z
DTSTART:20081117T160000Z
DTEND:20081117T170000Z
SEQUENCE:16
SUMMARY:DITA Adoption Committee Meeting
DESCRIPTION:See email notice.\n\nGroup: OASIS DITA Adoption TC\nCreator: Dr. JoAnn
  Hackos
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/event.php?event_id=18766
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/event.php?event_id=18766
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]