Subject: Re: [dita-adoption] Interesting email chain on the STC single SourceSIG

Hi JoAnn...

I think that it's unfortunate that the discussion of tools in official
Oasis documents is not allowed. DITA (and most any XML standard), can't
exist without tools (specifically authoring tools, but also publishing
tools), and to be unable to discuss how DITA interacts with specific
tools just complicates issues that real users are trying to grasp. It
seems like there should be some way to discuss these interactions in a
way that doesn't conflict with the goals of Oasis. When this discussion
is presented by tool vendors it may be seen as being biased, but if it
could be done by a group that attempts to be unbiased, it would be much
more beneficial to end users.

Cheers,

...scott