Subject: Groups - OASIS DITA Adoption TC committee meeting modified

Added meeting minutes.

 -- Rodolfo Raya

OASIS DITA Adoption TC committee meeting has been modified by Rodolfo Raya

Date:  Wednesday, 08 July 2009
Time:  03:00pm - 04:00pm GMT

Event Description:
Call-in (sponsored by IBM) details:
Toll-free in USA: 888-294-8505
Direct-dial in USA: 213-270-2170
Participant Passcode: 71382177

Agenda:
Roll call
Regrets:
Accept minutes from previous business meeting on 1 July 2009
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/event.php?event_id=19936

Review open action items
JoAnn to outline a Beginner's Guide to Getting Output from DITA (tentative title).

(3 June 2009) JoAnn to work on a short article that explains DITA basic and to contact Mary McRae and ask her to establish formal relationship between UNESCO and OASIS.

(3 June 2009) Gershon will work on the list of requirements to check for selecting DITA tools that we have in the wiki.
(24 June 2009) JoAnn will review and clean the evaluation checklist from Robin, removing company specific details.

(24 June 2009) JoAnn will contact David Hollis regarding his article on the SWOT analysis.

(24 June 2009) Rodolfo announced that he started working on an article on using XLIFF to translate DITA content. JoAnn and Gershon offered to review the text before its published.

(24 June 2009) JoAnn will draft a charter for a new Translation Adoption Subcommittee

(1 July 2009) Joe to check if current milestone of the DITA Open Toolkit supports publishing the new glossary specialization.
(1 July 2009) Kristen will contact Mary and request an SVN repository for this TC.
Business
Meetings during July and August?
JoAnn cannot make Wednesday meetings due to workshop commitments

Can we move meetings back to Mondays (same time)?
Should we move to meeting every 2 weeks during holiday period?
ITEM: DITA 1.2 Architectural Spec update (Kristen or Gershon)
ITEM: Decide how to consolidate the two glossary and acronym articles we have
Tony Selfs version
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/download.php/31666/glossary_and_term_management.zip

Kara Warburtons version:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/download.php/33197/GlossarySpecializationBestPractice-rev2jth%5B2%5D.doc

ITEM: glossary feature article  please review the draft from Kara W
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/document.php?document_id=33091

(depends on outcome of previous business item)
ITEM: Discuss objections to plan to provide guidance for the OT.
Draft a disclaimer statement for Adoption TC publications that indicates that the use of the OT or other technology for the examples is at the author's discretion.
Can we close this item and capture decisions in action items?
ITEM: Review the revised draft of the Generic Task Model feature description
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/200906/msg00014.html

Defer until JoAnn next participates in TC meeting

ITEM: Review the SWOT analysis slides for basic information and decide how to include in article on DITA adoption.
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/200906/msg00015.html

Defer until David Hollis on call?
If David not on call, solicit possible volunteers to pick this up
ITEM Discuss UNESCO and International Atomic Energy Agency liaison efforts