OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-adoption message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA Adoption TC committee meeting modified

Hi all,

Here is today's agenda. JoAnn will chair today's meeting. Unfortunately I
have an conflict and can't make it.

Please remember that, after today, our next meeting is on 12 October.


 -- Mr. Gershon Joseph

DITA Adoption TC committee meeting has been modified by Mr. Gershon Joseph

Date:  Monday, 21 September 2009
Time:  04:00pm - 05:00pm GMT

Event Description:
Call-in (sponsored by IBM) details:
Toll-free in USA: 888-294-8505
Direct-dial in USA: 213-270-2170
Participant Passcode: 71382177

# Roll call

    * Regrets: Gershon 


Accept minutes from previous business meeting on 31 August 2009 (JoAnn)



      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/200909/msg00000.html (Paul's clarification) 

# Next meeting: 12 October 2009
# Review open action items


      JoAnn to outline a Beginner's Guide to Getting Output from DITA (tentative title).

      (3 June 2009) JoAnn to work on a short article that explains DITA basic and to contact Mary McRae and ask her to establish formal relationship between UNESCO and OASIS.
   3. (3 June 2009) Gershon will work on the list of requirements to check for selecting DITA tools that we have in the wiki.

      (24 June 2009) JoAnn will review and clean the evaluation checklist from Robin, removing company specific details.

      (24 June 2009) JoAnn will contact David Hollis regarding his article on the SWOT analysis.

      (24 June 2009) Rodolfo announced that he started working on an article on using XLIFF to translate DITA content. JoAnn and Gershon offered to review the text before its published.

      (24 June 2009) JoAnn will draft a charter for a new Translation Adoption Subcommittee

      (31 August 2009) JoAnn will send Gershon the contact for the DITA Consortium in case Cisco would like to take part. 

# Business

   1. ITEM: DITA 1.2 Architectural Spec update (Kristen or Gershon)
   2. ITEM: DITA 1.2 Feature Overview: Referencing a Range of Elements (Joe)

            http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=34307 (latest draft)
          * Ready to accept and publish? 
   3. ITEM: Conref push article (Kristen)

            http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=34084 (latest draft) 
   4. ITEM: Review the two glossary and acronym articles we will publish both separately
          * Tony Selfs version

          * Kara Warburtons version:


                  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/200907/msg00049.html (Nancy) 
   5. ITEM: Review the revised draft of the Generic Task Model feature description

   6. ITEM: DITA tools evaluation checklists and test stuite (Gershon)

          * Gershon plans to move vendor-centric content to a separate page and making this page user-centric
          * Gershon intends to make a new page for the test suite
                o Consider leveraging the DITA Help SC world time clock examples 
   7. ITEM: SWOT analysis and plans for follow-on white papers (David)
          * SWOT analysis:

          * SWOT analysis with business focus:

          * SWOT analysis with author focus:

          * SWOT analysis with IT focus:

          * Review the SWOT analysis with business focus.
          * Add comments to the Author and IT pages. 
   8. ITEM Discuss UNESCO and International Atomic Energy Agency liaison efforts
          * From Tony Self: For some time, I have been trying to get Swinburne University involved in OASIS, and have finally made some progress. They might be able to add something to the UNESCO venture, so I wanted to keep tabs on whats happening in that area. I will keep you informed of developments at my end. 
   9. RECURRING ITEM: Articles about DITA 1.2 features
         1. Improvements to linking (Kris Eberlein) (on hold)

  10. RECURRING ITEM: Subcommittee reports
         1. Focus Area Subcommittee 
  11. RECURRING ITEM: Call for users of DITA 1.2
          * OASIS needs a list of organizations that intend to use one or more DITA 1.2 features 
  12. RECURRING ITEM: Continue defining the TC activities and roadmap for 2009.
          * Add to the SWOT analysis wiki, which we will turn into a best practice document
          * Work with the Matthew Varghese on use cases for DITA. Add to the wiki on this subject

            Review JoAnn's article on the 1.2 specification and Kristen's page (moved from the DITA TC to the Adoption TC)
          * Review the proposed changes for the dita.xml.org on the wiki.
          * Discuss plans for assisting the DITA TC with the documentation for the multiple packages for DITA 1.2.
          * We now have multiple wiki pages for the issues that we are discussing. Several of these should lead to best practice documents. 

# Reminders:

    * Committee members who have sent Robert Anderson comments about the DITA 1.2 Language Specification, let Gershon know. He will update the review page.
    * Add to the various subpages on the Wiki: everyone add to the meaning of DITA adoption
    * Consider the formation of informal subcommittees to work on specific tasks. The only formal SC being formed is the editorial board for dita.xml.org
    * Reminder: Please explore the dita.xml.org site and add comments, suggestions, concerns, etc. to this Wiki page:



This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Monday, 20 July 2009, 04:00pm to 05:00pm GMT
Monday, 03 August 2009, 04:00pm to 05:00pm GMT
Monday, 17 August 2009, 04:00pm to 05:00pm GMT
Monday, 31 August 2009, 04:00pm to 05:00pm GMT
Monday, 14 September 2009, 04:00pm to 05:00pm GMT
Monday, 12 October 2009, 04:00pm to 05:00pm GMT
Monday, 26 October 2009, 04:00pm to 05:00pm GMT

View event details:

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web

PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
SUMMARY:DITA Adoption TC committee meeting
DESCRIPTION:Call-in (sponsored by IBM) details:\nToll-free in USA:
  888-294-8505\nDirect-dial in USA: 213-270-2170\nParticipant Passcode:
  71382177\n\nGroup: OASIS DITA Adoption TC\nCreator: Mr. Gershon

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]