OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-adoption message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [dita-adoption] OASIS DITA Adoption Committee meeting minutes for September 21, 2009

Fine minutes, but I have one question about "the DTD refers to it as the Strict Task" (comment near the bottom of the minutes).


What DTD?  I'm not aware of any DTD that refers to the (non-General) Task as Strict Task, but maybe I'm looking at old files.





From: Briana Wherry [mailto:briana.wherry@alfresco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 2009 September 22 8:26
To: dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita-adoption] OASIS DITA Adoption Committee meeting minutes for September 21, 2009


Please send me any updates for errors or omissions.

Kind Regards, Briana


OASIS DITA Adoption Technical Committee
21 September 2009 — 9 am Pacific Daylight Time
Quorum present
1. Regrets - Gershon Joseph, Sowmya Kannan, Joe Gelb
2. Paul Grosso moved to approve the minutes of the previous meeting, Kris Eberlein seconded and none opposed.
3. Next Meeting – Confirmed as October 12, 2009
4. Previous Actions  - No updates at this time
5. Business
Item 1- DITA 1.2 Architectural Spec update (Kristen)
The DITA 1.2 Architectural Specification should be ready for review by the adoption committee members from Oct 19 to November 1, 2009.  Joann encourages us to review this as there have been a number of changes and updates to DITA.
Item 2: DITA 1.2 Feature Overview: Referencing a Range of Elements (Joe)
Joe has made the changes since the last meetings Review. However, Paul Grosso indicated that one of his recommendations was not incorporated. This discrepancy was reviewed again in the meeting as follows:
Under “Restrictions”, change the parentheses text from “or be generalized to the same type 3” to “to be specialized from the same type”.
Proposal by Kris Eberlein to make the minor wording change and publish to DITA.XML.Org. Seconded by Kris Eberlein – JoAnn moved approval and Kris seconded. Approved for publication.
Item 3: Conref push article (Kristen)
ACTION: Kris Eberlein to put in the Framework that Joe Gelb used for his article with the Title Page and Copyright.
Once this occurs, we can put this article up for approval for the next meeting.
ACTION: Joann to ask Kara Warburton about the Oasis Template for the articles. If she has no luck there, to put out a request for a volunteer to create a specialization and style file for the OASIS template.
ITEM 4: Glossary and Acronym articles
Tony Self version -
ACTION: If members have not reviewed this yet, to please do so.
ACTION: Joann to ask Tony to put this in the OASIS format.
Kara Warburton version -
ACTION: Joann to fix the reference to the Technical Committee instead of the Adoption Committee in the copyright.
Joann proposed that we accept Kara’s document “Glossary Specialization Best Practice” with the change to the copyright and date. Briana Wherry seconded. Approved for publication.
ITEM 5: Review the revised draft of the Generic Task Model feature description
Confusion on terminology
Committee should take this up as a recommendation about how these terms should be labelled for implementers. Should it be called Task or Strict Task to distinguish from General Task as this is confusing.
Recommend that it should be Task and General Task, where general task is the starting point for creating a specialization. This required clarification in the article. However, the DTD refers to it as the Strict Task which still may be confusing.
No other business.
Meeting was dismissed.


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]