OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-adoption message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [dita-adoption] Groups - OASIS DITA Adoption TC meeting modified

> -----Original Message-----
> From: rmraya@maxprograms.com [mailto:rmraya@maxprograms.com]
> Sent: Monday, 2009 November 23 11:09
> To: dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org
> Subject: [dita-adoption] Groups - OASIS DITA Adoption TC meeting
> modified
> Added meeting minutes.
>  -- Rodolfo Raya
> OASIS DITA Adoption TC meeting has been modified by Rodolfo Raya
> Date:  Monday, 23 November 2009
> Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET
> Event Description:
> Call-in details (sponsored by IBM):
> Toll-free in USA: 888-294-8505
> Direct-dial in USA: 213-270-2170
> Participant Passcode: 71382177
> Agenda:
> See group Wiki at http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption
> Minutes:
> Present: Gershon Joseph, Kristen Eberlein, Rodolfo Raya, Troy
> Klukewich, Paul Grosso, Marc Speyer, Jang  Graat, Briana Wherry, Chris
> Goolsby, Joe Gelb, JoAnn Hackos.
> Regrets: none
> Kristen moved to approve previous minutes and Briana seconded. Minutes
> approved.
> Paul sent in some questions about the TCs home pages.

The questions were in response to last meeting's minutes.

> Action Item: Gershon to answer Pauls questions.

...via an email response to my email with questions so that we have 
a traceable record of amendments to the previous meeting's minutes.

In the future, when someone has questions or comments on minutes,
either the minute taker or one of the co-chairs should reply in
email to the questions/comments in a timely fashion so that the
record is properly preserved.

> Open action items: Rodolfo informed that he did a presentation about
> DITA and XLIFF and DITA at DITA Europe 2009 and his presentation will
> be converted to an article on next weekend, closing the pending item.
> Gershon submitted changes on the conref push article. The files are
> available in TCs repositories.

Where in the repository?  Why can't we put URLs in minutes?

I do not see a mention of the conref push article at
Why not?  If we published it, it's supposed to be listed there.

Gershon's suggested changes to conref push were sent to the list at

He also sent suggested changes to the conref range article at

Per our new process (outlined below), these changes are in countdown
until our December 7 telcon at which time, unless there are objections,
they will be approved.

[Since this is a new process, these changes have already been 
implemented in our published articles, but if there are objections,
we will back out those changes.  Kris, did you indicate the date
of last modification on these articles?  If not, then in two weeks,
you should probably do so.]

> Paul wants a mechanism for updating published articles, involving a 2
> weeks period for commenting on proposed changes. He also suggested
> adding the date of the last change to published articles. His ideas
> were considered viable and may be adopted in the future.

My understanding is that we did adopt a certain process, so that
process should be documented in the minutes and the minutes should
reflect that we did adopt that process.

So by way of correcting the minutes, here is what (I believe) we
adopted as our process for approving updates to published articles:

* An email is sent to our mailing list with the suggested changes.
  This email must have a URL to the published article in question.

* At our next TC telcon, we reference the email in the minutes and
  start a two-week countdown period for TC members to make any
  objections or suggested amendments.

* At the following telcon (two weeks [or more] later), we ask once
  more if there are any objections to making the changes and, if
  not, the changes are approved and the editor tasked with making
  the changes.

* The article will reflect both the original publication date and
  the date of the last (if not all) modification.

We adopted this process by consensus with no objections.

> JoAnn accepted working on an article about the generation of DITA
> shells after this years end.
> Gershon informed that the review of the new architectural spec would be
> ready on mid January.
> Gershon commented that the review tools offered by XMetal developers
> may not be used for the review of DITA 1.2, but perhaps it could be
> used in the future.
> Regarding Tony Selfs article on glossary, JoAnn commented that it is
> well written and the only remaining details were related to formatting.
> Gershon, Rodolfo and Kristen agreed on her comments.
> Gershon will check the examples in Tonys articles and JoAnn will
> contact Tony about conversion of the article to OASIS formats.
> Marc Speyers article on feature description on domain and topic
> integration was discussed. Marc will reply to the emails with comments
> and then he will send out a new version of his article.
> Jang mentioned he would like to write an introductory book for DITA
> users.
> Rodolfo asked if anyone else noticed that the new keyref will
> complicate DITA processes that only use XSLT. This topic will be
> discussed in future meetings.
> Meeting adjourned

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]