Subject: RE: [dita-adoption] Groups - Feature Overview: Domain and topic integration (domain_and_topic_integration_v0_2.pdf) uploaded

Here are the comments I received from another reviewer.

This point:
Domain specialization creates new markup for use in structural types, such as new kinds of keywords, tables, or lists, or new attributes such as conditional processing attributes

would be better as

Domain specializations create new markup for use in many structural types, such as new kinds of keywords, tables, or lists, or new conditional processing attributes.

---

In the first table, what are “common base module elements” and how are they different from “base topic elements”?

---

In example 1 “a special specific user interface” might be better as “a specific user interface” or “special user interface”.

---

proper vs. properly

---

In the 2nd table, should “common base module elements” be “base topic elements”?

Still in the 2nd table, I’m not sure why the “ui domain” is in the top row rather than in the middle or bottom row.

Still in the 2nd table, is “task topic” really “task specialization”?

Still in the 2nd table, is “uiTask topic” really “new uiTask specialization”?

---

For this example do they really need a new uiTask specialization? It seems as if this could just be done using a domain specialization and including uiTask implies that it is needed for some reason.

---

There are two example 2s.

---

In example 4 I’m not sure what the point of having the uiReference topic is.

---

I don’t think that the article makes a good distinction between what can/must be done in a DITA document type shell and what can be done in a specialization module, but perhaps that isn’t necessary.

---

They could probably remove the whole section that gives the detailed steps about how to make a new specialization without any loss of information.  Do people reading this article really need to know about the entity declarations?

---