Subject: Regrets

Folks,

I'm really sorry, but I will miss the call this week as well. I'm travelling with limited internet and  phone access.

Best regards,

Matt

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM, <gerjosep@cisco.com> wrote:
Hi DITA Adoption TC team,

Please try to make it so we can have an official business meeting. Looking
forward to a productive meeting!

Cheers,
Gershon

 -- Mr. Gershon Joseph

OASIS DITA Adoption TC meeting has been modified by Mr. Gershon Joseph

Date:  Monday, 01 February 2010
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
Call-in details (sponsored by IBM):
Toll-free in USA: 888-294-8505
Direct-dial in USA: 213-270-2170
Participant Passcode: 71382177

Agenda:
# Roll call
# Accept minutes from previous business meeting on 23 November 2009 (Rodolfo)

   *

     http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/event.php?event_id=25857

# Next meeting: 1 5February 2010
# Review open action items

  1.

     JoAnn to outline a Beginner's Guide to Getting Output from DITA (tentative title).
  2.

     (3 June 2009) JoAnn to work on a short article that explains DITA basic and to contact Mary McRae and ask her to establish formal relationship between UNESCO and OASIS.
  3. (3 June 2009) Gershon will work on the list of requirements to check for selecting DITA tools that we have in the wiki.
  4.

     (24 June 2009) JoAnn will review and clean the evaluation checklist from Robin, removing company specific details.
  5.

     (24 June 2009) JoAnn will contact David Hollis regarding his article on the SWOT analysis.
  6.

     (24 June 2009) Rodolfo announced that he started working on an article on using XLIFF to translate DITA content. JoAnn and Gershon offered to review the text before its published.
  7.

     (24 June 2009) JoAnn will draft a charter for a new Translation Adoption Subcommittee
  8.

     (12 October 2009) JoAnn suggested preparing an article where all referencing mechanisms are explained and uses cases are provided. -- to be assigned

# Business

  1. NOTE: 4 Jan meeting as informal TC meeting
         *

           Notes from the meeting: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/201001/msg00006.html
  2. ANNOUNCEMENT: OASIS FO plug-in for DITA-OT (kudos to Tony Self, Suite Solutions and Robert Anderson)
  3. ITEM: Approve Review Tony Selfs article on glossary.
         *

           http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/download.php/35643/glossary_and_term_management.pdf
  4. ITEM: Accept updates to the conref push article (Gershon)
         *

           http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/200911/msg00022.html
  5. ITEM: Accept updates to the conref range article (Gershon)
         *

           http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/200911/msg00023.html
  6. NEW ITEM: Cleaning up our list of articles
         * Adoption TC public homepage does not match the list of articles on dita.xml.com
         *

           http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/201001/msg00011.html (Paul)
         *

           http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/201001/msg00012.html (Kris follow-up)
  7. ITEM: DITA 1.2 Architectural Spec update (Kristen or Gershon)
  8. NEW ITEM: Discuss Marc Speyer's draft feature description on domain and topic integration
         *

           http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/download.php/35699/domain_and_topic_integration_v0_3.pdf
  9. ITEM: Discuss review assignments for DITA 1.2 Architectural Spec
         *

           http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA1.2SpecSignup
         * Review period: TBD
 10. NEW ITEM: DITA 1.1 features articles (Gershon)
         *

           http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/200911/msg00032.html
         * Gershon signed up to write the DITAVAL feature article
         * Seeking volunteers for the conref and chunking features
 11. NEW ITEM: Discuss referred action from the DITA TC: DITA Adoption TC to add the tool to their list of DITA supporting tools and write a white paper to help users generate custom shells. Gershon to forward this request to the Adoption TC.
         *

           New tool -- domain integrator: http://www.elovirta.com/dita-generator/
 12. NEW ITEM: Review Marc Speyer's feature description on domain and topic integration.
         *

           http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/download.php/35163/domain_and_topic_integration_v0_2.pdf
 13. NEW ITEM: Review list (from Bruce Nevin) of DITA 1.2 features and ensure articles are being prepared.
         * keyref
         *

           reltable:  and  in
         * conref range
         * conref push
         * generic text anywhere
         * delayed conref resolution (incremental update of published content)
         * conveniences for map composition
         * image @scalefit
         * section subdivisions
         * machine industry specializations
         * glossary specialization
         *

           learning & training specializations
         *

           controlled values (picklist support)-- subject scheme map
         * constraints
         * general task type
 14. ON Hold: ITEM: Review the revised draft of the Generic Task Model feature description
         *

           http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/200906/msg00014.html
 15. ITEM: DITA tools evaluation checklists and test suite (Gershon)
         *

           http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/factSheet
         * Gershon plans to move vendor-centric content to a separate page and making this page user-centric
         * Gershon intends to make a new page for the test suite
               o Consider leveraging the DITA Help SC world time clock examples
 16. ITEM: Review list of DITA compliance requirements
         *

           http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/factSheet

# ITEM: SWOT analysis and plans for follow-on white papers (David)

   * SWOT analysis:

           http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_SWOT_Analysis
   * SWOT analysis with business focus:

           http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_Business_SWOT_Analysis
   * SWOT analysis with author focus:

           http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_Author_SWOT_Analysis
   * SWOT analysis with IT focus:

           http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_IT_Dev_SWOT_Analysis
   * Review the SWOT analysis with business focus.
   * Add comments to the Author and IT pages.

# ITEM Discuss UNESCO and International Atomic Energy Agency liaison efforts

   * From Tony Self: For some time, I have been trying to get Swinburne University involved in OASIS, and have finally made some progress. They might be able to add something to the UNESCO venture, so I wanted to keep tabs on whats happening in that area. I will keep you informed of developments at my end.

# RECURRING ITEM: Articles about DITA 1.2 features

  1. Improvements to linking (Kris Eberlein) (on hold)
         *

           http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/document.php?document_id=30211

# RECURRING ITEM: Subcommittee reports

  1. Focus Area Subcommittee

# RECURRING ITEM: Call for users of DITA 1.2

   * OASIS needs a list of organizations that intend to use one or more DITA 1.2 features

# RECURRING ITEM: Continue defining the TC activities and roadmap for 2009.

   * Add to the SWOT analysis wiki, which we will turn into a best practice document
   * Work with the Matthew Varghese on use cases for DITA. Add to the wiki on this subject
   *

     Review JoAnn's article on the 1.2 specification and Kristen's page (moved from the DITA TC to the Adoption TC)
   * Review the proposed changes for the dita.xml.org on the wiki.
   * Discuss plans for assisting the DITA TC with the documentation for the multiple packages for DITA 1.2.
   * We now have multiple wiki pages for the issues that we are discussing. Several of these should lead to best practice documents.

# Reminders:

   * Add to the various subpages on the Wiki: everyone add to the meaning of DITA adoption
   * Consider the formation of informal subcommittees to work on specific tasks. The only formal SC being formed is the editorial board for dita.xml.org
   * Reminder: Please explore the dita.xml.org site and add comments, suggestions, concerns, etc. to this Wiki page:

           http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/Comments_about_focus_area

Minutes:

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Monday, 23 November 2009, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 07 December 2009, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 21 December 2009, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 04 January 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 18 January 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 15 February 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 01 March 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 15 March 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 29 March 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 12 April 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/event.php?event_id=25862

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.