Minutes for the
DITA Adoption TC meeting
Committee meeting -- 1 March 2010, 11 am to 12 am ET
Roll call – quorum met. See roster for 1 March 2010.
Regrets from Sowmya Kannan and Rodolfo Raya
Accept minutes from previous business meeting on 15 February 2010 –
Gershon proposed, JoAnn seconded
Next meeting: 15 March 2010
Open action items
1. JoAnn to outline a Beginner's Guide to Getting Output from DITA (tentative
2. (3 June 2009) JoAnn to work on a short article that explains DITA basic and
to contact Mary McRae and ask her to establish formal relationship between UNESCO and
3. (3 June 2009) Gershon will work on the list of requirements to check for
selecting DITA tools that we have in the wiki.
4. (24 June 2009) JoAnn will review and clean the evaluation checklist from
Robin, removing company specific details.
5. (24 June 2009) Rodolfo announced that he started working on an article on
using XLIFF to translate DITA content. JoAnn and Gershon offered to review the
text before its published.
6. (12 October 2009) JoAnn suggested preparing an article where all referencing
mechanisms are explained and uses cases are provided. -- to be assigned
7. (1 March 2010) JoAnn will recommend to the Translation
Subcommittee members that they join the DITA Adoption Technical Committee
rather than form a new Translation Subcommittee under the Adoption TC.
8. (1 March 2010) Gershon will separate the Appendix section
of the review wiki into separate items.
9. ( 1 March 2010) Kris will formalize a process for the
Adoption TC’s review of the 1.2 specification since we cannot use the
DITA TC’s wiki.
1. Kris Eberlein completed a process description for approving and publishing
Adoption feature articles.
2. Discussed Tony Self’s and Eliot Kimber’s
plug-in for publish PDFs with the OASIS
Marc Speyer is still struggling with the PDF and plug-in.
Joe Gelb, Marc, and Kris Eberlein will communicate offline to try to solve the
2. ITEM: DITA 1.2 Architectural Spec update (Kristen or Gershon) – no date
yet for the review
3. ITEM: Discuss review assignments for DITA 1.2 Architectural Spec
Gershon asked people to sign-up for the reviews. Names were taken and added to
the wiki page.
4. Asked everyone to review the several feature articles: Acronym Best
Practices, Domain and Topic Integration, DITA 1.2 Task Model, Tools and DITA
Awareness before the next meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 9 am Pacific Standard Time.
JoAnn Hackos PhD
DITA Adoption TC