Subject: Fwd: DITA OASIS Adoption Committee meeting minutes - May 5, 2010 -

Apologies for the tardiness.

# Roll call

     Regrets: JoAnn Hackos, Sowmya Kannan, Kris Eberlein

# Accept minutes from previous business meeting on 12 April 2010
Gershon proposed we accept minutes
Bruce Nevin seconded.

Next meeting is May 24, 2010

# Review open action items
Skipping over them this meeting.

  1. (June 2009) JoAnn to outline a Beginner's Guide to Getting Output from DITA (tentative title).
  2. (3 June 2009) JoAnn to work on a short article that explains DITA basic and to contact Mary McRae and ask her to establish formal relationship between UNESCO and OASIS.
  3. (3 June 2009) Gershon will work on the list of requirements to check for selecting DITA tools that we have in the wiki.
  4. (24 June 2009) JoAnn will review and clean the evaluation checklist from Robin, removing company specific details.
  5. (24 June 2009) Rodolfo announced that he started working on an article on using XLIFF to translate DITA content. JoAnn and Gershon offered to review the text before its published.
  6. (24 June 2009) JoAnn will encourage all members of the DITA Translation Adoption Subcommittee to join the DITA Adoption Technical Committee.
  7. (12 October 2009) JoAnn suggested preparing an article where all referencing mechanisms are explained and uses cases are provided. -- to be assigned

# Business

1. ITEM: Review of DITA 1.2 Spec
* Review closed on time. Kudos to the reviewers for doing a great job.

2. ITEM: Shell Model generator developed by Elovirta.
* Hard to manage this conversation - not sure much progress is occurring outside meeting
* How can we drive this effectively moving forward without revisiting every TC meeting. Gershon recommends that we move this off as a set of actions into Kavi.
* Action - Gershon: Move all of these notes and discussions into actions in Kavi action page.
* This topic will no longer be part of the Adoption TC business discussions as a result. Close ITEM

3. ITEM: OASIS FO plug-in for DITA-OT
* Gershon recommends that we close our discussion on this because it is being managed by the other TC.
* Marc Speyer remarked that he does not have access to the state of the Open Toolkit - have any of his issues been resolved.
* Action - Gershon - Add link to Plug In as well as the list of issues to our wiki page.

4. ITEM: Approve Marc Speyer's final feature description on domain and topic integration.
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/download.php/36619/domain_and_topic_integration_v0_4.pdf
* Marc added the copyright page and updated the change history.
* Marc mentioned that we had postponed it because we were waiting for the specs to be completed before approving. However, there is very little information about this in the
spec - Marc spoke with Elliot Kimber about this to confirm. That is because it is above and beyond the spec - exactly why we need an article like this.
* Marc moved that we approve this article. Chris Goolsby seconded the motion. No objections. APPROVED.
* Action - Kris Eberlein - Please publish this article in the usual places.

5. ITEM: Review the Acronym Best Practices forwarded from the Translation SC.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=36612
* Gershon moved that we approve this article. Bruce Nevin seconded it. No objections. Approved.
* Action - JoAnn Hackos - convert to DITA and publish.
* Action - Kris Eberlein - publish in the usual places.

6. ITEM: Article about Tools and DITA Awareness (Su-Laine, JoAnn)
* Passed on from DITA TC meeting
* Action - All - Please review it between now and next meeting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/download.php/36488/Tools_and_DITA-awareness_2.dita
* We need to decide what to do with this.

7. ITEM: Review the new draft of the DITA 1.2 Task Model feature description
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/201002/msg00025.html
Action - All - review for next meeting

8. ITEM: DITA tools evaluation checklists and test suite (Gershon)
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/factSheet
Ongoing

9. ITEM: Review list of DITA compliance requirements
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/factSheet

10. ITEM: SWOT analysis and plans for follow-on white papers
* Person who was driving this has stopped being active on the TC.
* Is anyone interested in taking this and driving it?
* SWOT analysis: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_SWOT_Analysis
* SWOT analysis with business focus: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_Business_SWOT_Analysis
* SWOT analysis with author focus: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_Author_SWOT_Analysis
* SWOT analysis with IT focus: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_IT_Dev_SWOT_Analysis
* Action - Briana - Investigate driving this.
* Marc has looked into this - there were some articles and polls where some feedback was provided - Marc has volunteered to assist with this.

11. On Hold: ITEM Discuss UNESCO and International Atomic Energy Agency liaison efforts

Recurring Items

1. RECURRING ITEM:Improvements to linking (Kris Eberlein) (on hold)
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/document.php?document_id=30211

2. RECURRING ITEM: Subcommittee reports
* Focus Area Subcommittee - been inactive but now that the 1.2 spec it complete, Gershon is looking for volunteers to assist in managing this.
* Action - Kris Eberlein - explain what this involves at the next meeting.

3. RECURRING ITEM: Call for users of DITA 1.2
* OASIS needs a list of organizations that intend to use one or more DITA 1.2 features
* Action - Gershon - Find out what happened to the list of DITA adoption TC members who are using 1.2. If one doesn't exist, create one.

4. RECURRING ITEM: Continue defining the TC activities and roadmap for 2009.
* Action - Gershon - update this item.

QUERY Chris Goolsby- DITA Help SubCommittee would like to form a Adoption Help subcommittee and want to know how.
* Must come up with a something equivalent to a charter / business plan / roadmap
* All members of this subcommittee must be members of this committee
* Adoption committee then votes, submits to Mary McCrae
* Then off you go
Action: Chris will bring a proposal to the next window.

--
Briana Wherry | Information Manager | Alfresco Software, Inc. (Open Source Enterprise Content Management)