[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: DITA Adoption TC Meeting Minutes -- 7 June 2010
Minutes for the
DITA Adoption TC meeting
Regrets from Paul Grosso, Joe Gelb, Donald Rohmer, Bryan Schnabel
Close: Action item 0001 assigned to Brenda Oakley
Close: Action Item 0007 assigned to JoAnn Hackos
JoAnn will close Action item 0012 as soon as the PDF processes correctly.
The DITA TC has voted to approve the DITA 1.2 specification. At present, the TC is working on changes to the format required by OASIS plus some additions to the content. These changes are expected to delay the scheduled OASIS voting process by one month.
2. ITEM: DITA 1.2 recognition. Urged Adoption TC members to add to the adoption list for DITA 1.2 features. At present, much of the adoption ideas are still under discussion at each company.
3. ITEM: The committee voted unanimously to approved the DITA 1.2 Feature Article: Task Model. Proposed by JoAnn; Seconded by Gershon. JoAnn will update according to the editorial changes from Gershon and will update KAVI, the home page, and dita.xml.org.
4. ITEM: Discussion of the Tools Awareness article begun by Su-Laine. Considered the feasibility of preparing such an article to be within the domain of the Adoption TC. All in agreement. Discussed a sequence of activities starting with this article on tools awareness, followed by a tools evaluation checklist (Gershon as responsibility), a test suite (possibly with Anna R), and, eventually, a certification body. Discussed that the certification body would have to be outside the control of the TC as an independent organization.
5. ITEM: Marc will update the KAVI standards list with Approved Doc for the domain feature article. Joe Gelb should do the same for his article. Tony S needs to add the revision note to his latest update.
Need to ask all authors to use the Replace function in KAVI rather than submitted their articles multiple times with versions. KAVI does provide us with version control. Gershon will ask Mary M if she can get someone to clean up the Calendar Docs list. We should not use Calendar doc for the feature articles. We should all use Standards Doc for the feature articles.
6. ITEM: Reviewed the list of feature articles. Troy K. will follow up with John H about the L&T feature article. JoAnn will pin Robin about the Machine Industry. Gershon and JoAnn will add their names to the “working without a CMS” 1.1 list.
Meeting adjourned at 9 am Pacific Standard Time.
JoAnn Hackos PhD
DITA Adoption TC
JoAnn Hackos PhD
Comtech Services, Inc.