[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Proposal to the OASIS DITA Adoption TC to form a DITA Help subcommittee
Recently the DITA Help subcommittee of the OASIS DITA TC has been discussing forming a parallel team under the auspices of the DITA Adoption TC to promote the adoption of DITA for the authoring and production of help systems and user assistance content. Tony Self has requested that I bring forward a proposal to form this new subcommittee. I mentioned this effort at the second to last DITA Adoption TC meeting.
Name of proposed subcommittee: DITA Help
Statement of Purpose
· Promote the use of DITA for the authoring of help systems and user assistance content.
· Develop white papers, cook books, worked examples, and similar documentation to help remove the obstacles to effective use of DITA for help systems and user assistance.
· Develop guidelines that promote best practices for applying standard DITA approaches to help systems and user assistance content.
· Develop informal support for processing DITA for delivery as help systems and user assistance.
List of Deliverables
· White papers, cook books, worked examples, best practices and similar documentation to assist with using DITA for help systems and user assistance content
· A high-level processing model that defines the standard use of DITA for help systems and user assistance content