Subject: OASIS DITA Adoption TC -- 19 July 2010 Meeting Agenda

Title: OASIS DITA Adoption TC -- 19 July 2010 Meeting Agenda
Committee meeting -- Monday, 19 July 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET

Adoption TC Wiki page -- http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/FrontPage

Roll call
Regrets: Gershon Joseph, Don Rohmer

Accept minutes from previous business meeting on 28 June 2010
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/201006/msg00039.html

Next meetin
g: Monday, 2 August 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET

Review open action items
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/members/action_items.php

Business
1. ITEM: Give act
ion to Kris Eberlein to place two new feature articles on dita.xml.org

2. ITEM: Report on the DITA 1.2 Spec

Update on current status of the specification. Note opportunity to submit comments.(Kris)
Discussion of draft statement about the nature of a committee draft and the status of the DITA 1.2 spec. (JoAnn)

3. ITEM: Review draft charter for the formation of an Asian Adoption Subcommittee. (JoAnn)

4. ITEM: Article about Tools and DITA Awareness (Su-Laine, JoAnn)

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/201006/msg00025.html (PDF rendition)
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workg
roup/dita-adoption/download.php/36488/Tools_and_DITA-awareness_2.dita (DITA source)
Discuss with a view to approving as a white pa
per or article:
Is the content complete or do we need to add more to this?
Discuss the intended target audience to ensure this article meets that intent.

5. ITEM: Review status of Feature Article assignments. Revise as necessary.
DITA Feature Articles
Review commit dates

6. ITEM: DITA tools evaluation checklists and test suite (Gershon)

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/factSheet
Gershon plans to move vendor-centric content to a separate page and making this page user-centric
Gershon intends to make a new page for the test suite
Consider leveraging the DITA Help SC world time clock examples
Agree on what to do about DITA-compliance and the enforcement thereof (if anything)

7. ITEM: SWOT analysis and plans for follow-on white papers (reassign this task)
Briana to report back whether she can drive this.

SWOT analysis:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_SWOT_Analysis
SWOT analysis with business focus:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_Business_SWOT_Analysis
WOT analysis with author focus:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_Author_SWOT_Analysis
SWOT analysi
s with IT focus:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_IT_Dev_SWOT_Analysis
Review the SWOT analysi
s with business focus.
Add comments to the Author and IT pages.
Add to the SWOT analysis wiki, which we will tur
n into a best practice document

8. On Hold: ITEM Discuss UNESCO and International Atomic Energy Agency liaison efforts
From Tony Self: For some time, I have been trying to get Swinburne University involved in OASIS, and have finally made some progress. They might be able to add something to the UNESCO venture, so I wanted to keep tabs on what’s happening in that area. I will keep you informed of developments at my end.