Subject: Groups - DITA Adoption TC meeting modified

Adding today's agenda. Talk to you soon!

Gershon

 -- Mr. Gershon Joseph

DITA Adoption TC meeting has been modified by Mr. Gershon Joseph

Date:  Monday, 02 August 2010
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
Bi-monthly business meeting
Call-in sponsored by IBM:
Toll-free in USA: 888-294-8505
Direct-dial in USA: 213-270-2170
Participant Code: 71 38 21 77

Agenda:
# Roll call

    * Regrets:

# Accept minutes from previous business meeting on 19 July 2010

    *

      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/201007/msg00027.html

# Next meeting: Monday, 16 August 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
# Review open action items

    *

      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/members/action_items.php

# Business

   1. ITEM: Report on the DITA 1.2 Spec
   2.

      ITEM: Review draft of the DITA 1.2 status feature article. (JoAnn)
   3.

      ITEM: Update on the formation of an Asian Adoption Subcommittee. (JoAnn)
   4.

      ITEM: Article about Tools and DITA Awareness (Su-Laine, JoAnn)
          *

            http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/201006/msg00025.html (PDF rendition)
          *

            http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/download.php/36488/Tools_and_DITA-awareness_2.dita (DITA source)
          * Discuss with a view to approving as a white paper or article:
                o Is the content complete or do we need to add more to this?
                o Discuss the intended target audience to ensure this article meets that intent.
   5. ITEM: Review status of Feature Article assignments. Revise as necessary.
          *

            DITA Feature Articles
          * Review commit dates
   6. ITEM: DITA tools evaluation checklists and test suite (Gershon)
          *

            http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/factSheet
          * Gershon plans to move vendor-centric content to a separate page and making this page user-centric
          * Gershon intends to make a new page for the test suite
          * Consider leveraging the DITA Help SC world time clock examples
          * Agree on what to do about DITA-compliance and the enforcement thereof (if anything)
   7. ITEM: SWOT analysis and plans for follow-on white papers (reassign this task)
          * Briana to report back whether she can drive this.
          * SWOT analysis:

                  http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_SWOT_Analysis
          * SWOT analysis with business focus:

                  http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_Business_SWOT_Analysis
          * SWOT analysis with author focus:

                  http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_Author_SWOT_Analysis
          * SWOT analysis with IT focus:

                  http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA_Adoption_IT_Dev_SWOT_Analysis
          * Review the SWOT analysis with business focus.
          * Add comments to the Author and IT pages.
          * Add to the SWOT analysis wiki, which we will turn into a best practice document
   8. On Hold: ITEM Discuss UNESCO and International Atomic Energy Agency liaison efforts
          * From Tony Self: For some time, I have been trying to get Swinburne University involved in OASIS, and have finally made some progress. They might be able to add something to the UNESCO venture, so I wanted to keep tabs on whats happening in that area. I will keep you informed of developments at my end.
   9. RECURRING ITEMS: Articles about DITA 1.2 features
  10. RECURRING ITEM: Call for users of DITA 1.2
          * OASIS needs a list of organizations that intend to use one or more DITA 1.2 features
          *

            Adoption Committee members who use or intend to use DITA 1.2
  11.

      RECURRING ITEM:Improvements to linking (Kris Eberlein) (on hold)
          *

            http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/document.php?document_id=30211
  12. RECURRING ITEM: Subcommittee reports
         1. Focus Area Subcommittee
                * Can we resurrect this activity?
  13. RECURRING ITEM: Continue defining TC activities and roadmap.
          * Work with the Matthew Varghese and others on use cases for DITA. Add to the wiki on this subject
          *

            Review JoAnn's article on the 1.2 specification and Kristen's page (moved from the DITA TC to the Adoption TC)
          * Review the proposed changes for the dita.xml.org on the wiki.
          * We now have multiple wiki pages for the issues that we are discussing. Several of these should lead to best practice documents.
  14. REMINDERS:
  15. Add to the various subpages on the Wiki: everyone add to the meaning of DITA adoption
  16. Consider the formation of informal subcommittees to work on specific tasks. The only formal SC being formed is the editorial board for dita.xml.org
  17. Reminder: Please explore the dita.xml.org site and add comments, suggestions, concerns, etc. to this Wiki page:
          *

            http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/Comments_about_focus_area

# Open floor for comments, questions, etc.
# Review action items from this meeting
# Adjourn

Minutes:

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Monday, 26 April 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 10 May 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 24 May 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 07 June 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 28 June 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 05 July 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 19 July 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 16 August 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 30 August 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 13 September 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 27 September 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 11 October 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 25 October 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 08 November 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 22 November 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 06 December 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Monday, 20 December 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/event.php?event_id=26996

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20100802T000000Z
DTSTART:20100802T150000Z
DTEND:20100802T160000Z
SEQUENCE:9
SUMMARY:DITA Adoption TC meeting
  USA: 888-294-8505\nDirect-dial in USA: 213-270-2170\nParticipant Code:
  71 38 21 77\n\nGroup: OASIS DITA Adoption TC\nCreator: Mr. Gershon
  Joseph
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/event.php?event_id=26996
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/event.php?event_id=26996
END:VEVENT