Subject: RE: [dita-adoption] FW: [dita] DITA 1.2 elements needing styling and translatable strings

Title: DITA 1.2 elements needing styling and translatable strings

We need to discuss this.  I'm generally not comfortable with recommending how to style elements (and the DITA TC did not endorse us doing so this morning, it just said this issue wasn't one for the DITA TC).

It might be appropriate for the DITA Adoption TC to write a paper about how new DITA 1.2 elements could be used which might touch on possible styling, but we need to stop short of "recommended styling".

paul

From: Su-Laine Yeo [mailto:su-laine.yeo@justsystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 2010 August 03 15:05
To: DITA Adoption TC

Hello,

The DITA TC discussed this issue this morning, and concluded that it falls more under the mandate of the Adoption TC.

Is the Adoption TC comfortable with producing a document containing recommendations on how to style new DITA 1.2 elements? And if yes, does anyone have a draft that can be used as a basis for the document? I could probably come up with a draft if needed.

Cheers,

Su-Laine

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant