OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-adoption message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [dita-adoption] DATC Minutes for 30 August 2010

Thanks Bruce. Gershon, could you please let me know when the "Tools and DITA Awareness" article is on the wiki?

Everyone: If you have comments before the article is on the wiki and those comments call for significant rework or expansion of the article, please send them to me directly.






Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant

JustSystems Canada, Inc.
Office: 778-327-6356


XMetaL Community Forums: http://forums.xmetal.com/






From: Bruce Nevin (bnevin) [mailto:bnevin@cisco.com]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 11:10 AM
To: DITA Adoption TC
Subject: [dita-adoption] DATC Minutes for 30 August 2010


Minutes for the DITA Adoption TC meeting
30 August 2010, 11 am to 12 noon ET


Roll call 11:00 - Quorum 11:15 


Attending: JoAnn Hackos, Gershon Joseph, Bruce Nevin, Troy Klukewich, Mathew Varghese, Chris Goolsby, Kris Eberlein, Doug Morrison, Paul Grosso, Deb Bissantz


Regrets from Don Rohmer, Frank Miller, Joe Gelb


Accept minutes from previous business meeting on 16 August 2010: JoAnn moved, Bruce seconded.


Next meeting: Monday, 13 September 2010, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET


Reviewed Open action items briefly.




1. Discuss the process for getting the Asian Adoption SC up and running (Varghese)


- Members urged to encourage new membership with an interest in the Asian Adoption SC. Gershon has got three new people to join Oasis who will join this TC, two from India and one from China. Matthew has two or three likely prospects.


ACTION: JoAnn: Add Asian Adoption SC to home page
ACTION: JoAnn: Clean up action items
ACTION: JoAnn: ask Carol Geyer to make an announcement in her weekly XML News.


2. ITEM: Discussion of the Tools Awareness article begun by Su-Laine.


- Gershon: some areas need more detail and depth. Cannot now point to specifics, as it is too long since he reviewed it.
- Definition of DITA awareness: What does "appropriate styling" mean?
- A few relatively minor recommendations recorded by JoAnn for Su-Laine; general consensus that this is appropriate for users evaluating tools, and a first step in providing adopters a basis for evaluating claims by vendors.


ACTION: All: review this document during the next week.


We may be able to review this document in the wiki. Gershon is working on a DITA-to-OASIS-Wiki plugin, will use this as working case.


We will review and vote on this at our next meeting in two weeks.


3. ITEM: Review status of Feature Article assignments. Revise as necessary.


No change noted


4. ITEM:"Improved link management in DITA 1.2" feature article (Kris Eberlein)
Skipped. Su-Laine has offered to provide an initial draft.


5. ITEM: DITA tools evaluation checklists and test suite (Gershon)


- Gershon hoping to complete shortly so we can review before our next meeting.


NEW ITEM: DITA 1.2 elements needing styling and translatable strings (Yeo)


- Briefly mentioned.


Adjourn 12:00 noon ET.


[Recorded by Bruce Nevin]

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]