Subject: DITA 1.2 compliant CMS

Reading our DITA 1.2 Status article at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/38956/DITA12SpecStatus
Update.pdf
someone has seen the comment in the second para of the
"DITA 1.2 Readiness for Use" section that says that
certain CMS vendors have announced upcoming DITA 1.2
support and the comment near the bottom of the article
urging CMS vendors to move quickly to support DITA 1.2
and raised the question of what it means for a CMS to be
DITA compliant (much less support DITA 1.2 in particular).

I have to admit I didn't think much about these statements
when I reviewed this article.  I don't think about CMS's
much at all.  They are just data bases to me, and the
ability to work with DITA in particular or XML in general
rarely has anything to do with the data base, it has to
do with the application that knows how to put things into
the data base and take it out of the data base.  In our
case, that's the Arbortext Editor and CMS adapter front end.

In fact, on our "Fact Sheet" wiki page at
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/factSheet
in the "Support for management of topics within a repository"
section I long ago questioned the CMS section there, but we
have never discussed my issues with that page.

So I'm back to asking what it might mean for a CMS
to be DITA 1.2 compliant.

paul