Subject: RE: [dita-adoption] DITA 1.2 compliant CMS

Well, this is an interesting question. I thought there was a distinction
between the content management layer and the database which just enables
you to store and retrieve content. For example, Docato provided CMS
functions running over the X-Hive XML store. When Documentum acquired
X-Hive, they already had a big investment in CMS (and file management)
functions, which they planned to integrate with the XML store while
discarding Docato. Perhaps the question comes down to saying what
"content management" involves in addition to storing and retrieving
content from a database. Once we define the universe of discourse, we
can talk about how and to what extent such functions should depend upon
features of DITA.

	/B