Subject: Re: [dita-adoption] Tools and DITA Awareness document for review

Title: Tools and DITA Awareness document for review
Hi Su-Laine,

A few suggestions:

Change

A publishing tool could present <ol> elements as numbered
lists, and also style any specializations of <ol> elements the same way by default.

==>

A publishing tool could present <step> elements as numbered items in a list, and also style any specializations of <step> elements the same way by default.

Add

An authoring tool could insert related groups of elements for convenience (such as automatically inserting a <cmd> element when a <step> element is inserted).

Change

For example, a <pre> element should generally not be rendered as flowing text without
line breaks, because doing so would be inconsistent with the basic semantic of <pre>.

==>

For example, a <pre> element should generally be rendered as text that preserves the original white space, such as
line breaks, to be consistent with the basic semantic of <pre>.

Add a summary/closing statement:

Whilst this brief guide may suggest some things to look for, it is up to adopters to assess
what aspects of DITA-awareness are useful for them, and in what types of tools.

(This is said earlier, but I think it would be good to end on a point like this.)

Some headings may make the structure clearer.

I would keep the scope of this document narrow or it will grow too large and lose its present purpose.

Cheers,

Doug Morrison
Information Architect
http://dita4all.com